Friday, April 11, 2008

VOCABULARY WORD NO. 12

Dear Students,
Another chapter in my life has now been written. It is one I am proud of and one I have learnt from. The message I want to send to you today is to hold on to your dreams and make them realities because it is in these accomplishments that we become the person we were born to be.
My Poetry Expositon went well. I am thankful to all those who attended this very special event in my life. Now I move now to the next step and I brace the storm.
I live the NOW with the acceptance that life has offered me a chance to be special. My poetic ability is the work of a greater being. I am thankful to God for the gift He has bestowed on me. I hope it inspires others to reach for the star and in the process attain a litle bit of heaven.

Peace and Much Love,
Brenda Ysaguirre
Director/Poet/Teacher/Friend

AND NOW FOR Today's Word: "conspectus"
conspectus \kuhn-SPEK-tuhs\ (noun) - 1 : A general sketch or survey of a subject. 2 : A synopsis; an outline. "Shortly after returning from London eighteen years earlier, she had stolen a conspectus of the medical sciences from her parents' physician in Dover." -- Robin Schone, 'The Lover' Conspectus comes from the Latin, from the past participle of conspicere, "to catch sight of, to perceive," from com-, intensive prefix + specere, "to look at."

No comments: