Sunday, March 30, 2008

VOCABULARY WORD NO. 5

THE MORE YOU KNOW, THE MORE YOU HAVE TO KNOW. (BRENDA A. YSAGUIRRE)


Dear Student,

As we get ready to head back to school let me take this time to inform you that there is more to learn. Learning never ends. The more you know, the more you have to know.


Be happy with learning something new everyday. If you can learn more than one new thing each day then that is even better.


Love,
Brenda Ysaguirre,
Director/Teacher




Today's Word "wayworn"

wayworn \WAY-worn\ (adjective) - Wearied by traveling. "Suppose some of the boys had seen me coming through Canterbury, wayworn and ragged, and should find me out? What would they say, who made so light of money, if they could know how I scraped my halfpence together, for the purchase of my daily saveloy and beer, or my slices of pudding?" - Charles Dickens, 'David Copperfield' Wayworn is way (from Old English weg) + worn (from Old English werian).

No comments: