Sunday, May 11, 2008

VOCABULARY WORD NO. 20





Dear Students,

What more can I ask for but that you work hard and try to be the type of person that would fight for peace and happiness. Try to remember that the less fortunate have a right to be loved and assisted. Be kind to everyone and in turnthey will be kind to you. And remember the road to success is paved in hardwork, struggle, pain, sorrow and finally, happiness. If you love your job you will have a enjoyable environment. If you hate your job, then keep on looking for the one that you will enjoy.

Love always,

Ms. Brenda A. Ysaguirre



Today's Word "pantheon"
pantheon \PAN-thee-on; -uhn\ (noun) - 1 : A temple dedicated to all the gods; especially (capitalized), the building so called at Rome. 2 : The collective gods of a people; as, a goddess of the Greek pantheon. 3 : A public building commemorating and dedicated to the famous dead of a nation. 4 : A group of highly esteemed persons. "When enough beings place their faith in a false god, that god starts to manifest itself as an essence among the pantheon of gods. Sometimes that essence disappears with the eradication of its believers, most of the time, due to war, cataclysms, or their planet being destroyed. If one of these essences becomes strong enough, it will become real and take its place among the pantheon beside the other gods." -- Michael G. Brown, 'The Avatar and the God: The Summoning' Pantheon comes from Greek pantheion, "temple of all the gods," from pan-, "all" + theos, "god."

5 comments:

Michael G. Brown said...

Thanks for quoting my work. Tell me. Did you enjoy my book?

Michael G Brown

Michael G. Brown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michael G. Brown said...

By the way, I don't know who exactly started this quote, but I added mention of it on my website, http://www.michaelgbrown-author.com

Brenda Aurora Verna Ysaguirre said...

Sorry for not seeing your comment before but I was tken up with my job and other blogs.
I haven't read the book but found the quote. Will try to read it this summer.

Michael G. Brown said...

Thank you for that. I've been quite busy as well with the upcoming release of The Avatar and The God (vol 3): Division, as well as working on the fourth in the series, The Avatar and The God: The Summoner. But I must convey my appreciation for the use of my work. There is no better sense of pride than to have one's written work used in a definition. Thanks again.