Friday, May 16, 2008

VOCABULARY WORD NO. 21

Friendship opens doors and embraces a future filled with possibilities.
Brenda A. Ysaguirre

Dear Students and Readers,
Just a few minutes ago I left the close of school year party held by the Third Years of CCC ACE. It was a wonderful get-together and I am pleased to say that the friendship that has grown over the years has helped to make this group of students more than just a class. I am hopeful that they will be able to meet on a regular basis once they leave school and go their separate way.

In two weeks they will know if they will graduate and what the future holds for them varies. I pledge that I will try to keep them together and that I will continue to teach them to be better individuals as the years go by.

Brenda A. Ysaguirre


Today's Word "juju"
juju \JOO-joo\ (noun) - 1 : An object superstitiously believed to embody magical powers. 2 : The power associated with a juju. "They have powerful juju. They can make juju to kill all of us." -- T. M. Aluko, 'One Man, One Matchet' Juju is of West African origin, akin to Hausa djudju, fetish, evil spirit.

No comments: