Thursday, May 22, 2008

VOCABULARY WORD NO. 23 - NOW FOR FIRST AND SECOND YEAR STUDENTS




THE DESIRE FOR AN EDUCATION IS THE FOUNDATION OF SUCCESS AND IS THE FOOD THAT NOURISHES A SEEKER OF KNOWELDGE. Brenda A. Ysaguirre

Hi there, First and Second Years,

Well, the Third Years Students are gone now and have finished their English Exam so I am turning my full attention and you once more.

It is time now for us to get down the studying. I am sure that some of you have taking o reading these blogs but I am appealing to all of you to do what is best for all of us. Start reaing this blog at least once a week and get the info I am sending and use in your school work. Remember that you should learn something new everyday and it is my intenetion to make that happen.

Have a great weekend.
Love,
Ms B




Today's Word "blandishment"
blandishment \BLAN-dish-muhnt\ (noun) - Speech or action that flatters and tends to coax, entice, or persuade; allurement -- often used in the plural. "The woman was temptation personified, and every blandishment she offered contained a challenge, I thought, to my ultimate moral strength." -- Jack Whyte, 'The Singing Sword' Blandishment ultimately comes from Latin blandiri, "to flatter, caress, coax," from blandus, "flattering, mild."

No comments: